Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A New Income Source -Uber Driving

I just got approved to drive for Uber yesterday.  I am going to vacuum my car and see if I can get some fares after that.  I am excited, and nervous, and feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders since I don't have an income source right now.

If you read my post a couple of days ago, Setting Up Multiple Streams of Income, you know that I have been out of work for a few months and I am trying to pick up income sources.  Ideally I thought I would have a full time job by now, so it is driving me nuts that I am not currently working.  Then a couple of nights ago, my boyfriend comes in and says, you should drive for Uber since he had just heard an ad on the radio for them.  At first I scoffed at the idea.  I thought it would be dangerous and I wouldn't make any money.  But the more I thought about it, I realized he was right.

I need money ASAP, so why not?  As far as being dangerous, it isn't any worse than when I was a Realtor, which is in fact a scary job.  An Uber driver is constantly tracked by GPS and the company has the name of who the fares are, so that is much safer than having an open house in a rural location where random people could visit like when I was in Real Estate.  And as far as pay, I googled it, and it is worth my time, at least until I get a full time job.  And even then I will probably drive Uber as a 2nd job.

And besides, driving for Uber may give me some great blog material!  Who knows, I may meet some great people, maybe even my next boss.  Sometimes things work out in strange ways, so maybe this is just a catalyst to catapult my life into something new.  Only time will tell.  In the meantime, I'm up for the adventure.  Wish me luck.

If you want to drive for Uber, please use my referral code so I get credit.  You can go to Uber and use referral code 31T9D9XJUE .

No comments:

Post a Comment