Friday, February 26, 2016

Juggling it All


It seems within the last week suddenly my life has become very hectic.  I went from being unemployed to having 2 jobs.  My full time job is taking all of my attention and have been coming home tired every night.  Just trying to get dinner and laundry done has become a major chore. 

I have never wanted to be a supermom that handles everything.  I always refused to work full time, do 100% of the housecleaning, meals and home upkeep and all the child care.  That is how I became a stay at home mom for many years because I could never get my husband or boyfriend to help me.  Now, I have it easier.  I have no child care since my daughter is 17 years old and has her own car and my boyfriend helps out some but I still feel like I am juggling.  I guess I need to get into a routine.  

Tonight I will be driving Uber since it is the weekend, so I will get little sleep.  The sleep deprivation over the weekends is probably contributing to my exhaustion during the week.  If only I could sleep in.  It seems the older I get, the earlier I wake up on weekends.  I may have to look into some sleep aids to help me out.  

I know I will succeed with this juggling of jobs and home, but it will take time and planning.  Also, I need to work on being more productive.  I cannot just plop down on the couch after dinner and watch TV, I have to make sure the laundry is started or be working on something else.  

This adventure called life is proving to be quite interesting.  How do you juggle your everything in your life?  Do you ever drop the ball?  And what are the consequences when you do?  

No comments:

Post a Comment