Saturday, February 27, 2016

Oh No a Motorcycle!

I am excited.  My boyfriend got a motorcycle today.  It is used, needs some work and needs to be properly registered, so we can't ride yet...but he got a motorcycle!  I have not had a boyfriend with a motorcycle since college.  I am already dreaming of the days when I was young riding on the back of a bike with my guy (s).

In fact when I think about it, most of boyfriends in college had motorcycles.  Of course that made sense because I was always attracted to those bad boys.  Weren't we all?  My ex-husband was the first guy I dated in like a 3 year span that didn't have a bike.  For some reason he didn't like them at all.  I still don't understand it.  There was a time when I tried to talk him into getting one, but that got shot down.

Then there was my most recent ex-boyfriend who didn't like motorcycles either.  So, I conceded and resigned myself to the fact that I would never have another guy with a motorcycle again.  By that time it had been about 15 years since I had been on one.  Now that time of not being on a bike is about 25 years.  Wow, that makes me feel old.

But lo and behold, my new guy just bought a motorcycle!  Woohoo!  I am in hog heaven (not literally, he got a Yamaha), but needless to say I am excited.  There is nothing quite like the wind in your hair and the feeling of sitting on that much power.  It is an amazing feeling.

It's time like these that I am glad that I live 1000 miles away from my family, because my mother dearly hates bikers.  She would condemn my boyfriend before even meeting him if she knows he has a motorcycle.  It wouldn't matter that he is a great guy, the fact he is a "biker" would foreshadow everything else.  And we won't even mention the fact that he has tattoos.  I am going to hell for sure for dating a guy like that, at least according to my mom.

That really sucks though because I really hate to hide things or to not be completely honest.  But on the other hand, I really don't want to open that can of worms.  Why do people have to be so judgmental?

I will have to contemplate how to handle this with the wind in my hair riding behind my guy who is nothing but amazing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment