Tuesday, March 8, 2016

My First Gay Wedding


I went to my first gay wedding this past Saturday.  I was excited because I am good friends with the couple and I was curious as to if there would be any differences from weddings I had been to in the past.

It turns out that there was one huge difference in the wedding, and that was the fact that nobody pressured them to get married.  There was no friends telling the groom that she needs to "make her an honest woman" or relatives pushing for son-in-laws, or for them to get married to start a family.  It became clear that this was a joining of two people without any outside pressure.  And it was beautiful!

The vows were so well written and touching that tears were flowing.  I saw a couple  in love that really just want to spend the rest of their lives together, which was refreshing.  I have been to many weddings over the years where the thought that crossed my mind was "this couple should not be getting married".  This did not cross my mind Saturday and I felt like this couple really do belong together.

As far as the service, it was an outside wedding in Florida, so perfect.  It was a traditional wedding in every way other than the bride and groom were both female.  Everything was executed wonderfully and I had a really great time.  It was a great night with friends that I will remember for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment