Friday, March 11, 2016

St. Patrick's Day Festivities This Weekend!


This weekend starts St. Patrick's Day Festivities here in Melbourne, FL.  Saturday, March 12 we have the parade in downtown and then our most prominent Irish bar is celebrating the Meg O'Malley's Shamrockin 17th Annual Festival , with bagpipers, Irish dancers, performers, free concerts and plenty of Irish beer.  Downtown will be rocking the whole weekend.

I will enjoy some of the activities, especially the parade, but I will not be drinking this weekend because I really want to drive Uber.  I didn't drive at all last weekend and I still have yet to receive a full paycheck from my new job, so I want to earn some money from Uber this weekend.  I am hoping I will be very busy.

I have been taking naps most days so that I can be rested up so I can drive Uber all night Friday and Saturday.  I will probably only drive until about 8PM on Sunday, but we will see.  I will see whether people are all partied out by that time or if demand is still high.  I expect to see surge pricing this weekend, but only time will tell.

After the weekend, I will try to rest up so I can also work late driving Uber on Thursday since that is actually the 17th.  I expect people will go out on Thursday night too.  There are no plans downtown form next weekend, but I suspect downtown may be busy then also since that weekend will actually be closer to the holiday.  I am hoping for 2 good Uber weekends back to back.  If that happens, I think I can get caught up on bills from when I was unemployed for so long.

I will just have to manage my time well since I am working full time, and Uber requires me to stay up later.  Unfortunately, I am not 25 anymore, and I need my beauty rest. I am looking forward to a good couple of weekends.  I have quite a bit of Irish in me, so I am counting on the luck of the Irish to pull this off.  And may the Luck of the Irish be with you too!


No comments:

Post a Comment