Monday, March 28, 2016

Still Training at Work


I have had my job at the optometrists' office for about a month now and I am still in training.  I just started training on checkout today.  I cannot believe how long it is taking to get me completely trained.  And once I am trained, I still will not know everything because it takes a long time to learn the ins and outs of all the insurances.  Of course, once I feel like I know what I am doing, then the insurance companies will change the rules.  The good news is that there will always be something to learn.

I must say that everyday, the office is very busy.  That is good because it makes time go by really fast.  There is very little down time and there are so many functions that the front desk takes care of that work often piles up.  It is amazing how many people I get to meet everyday too.  There are about 50 appointments a day, so I get to see a lot of people which is a great change from my last job.  At my last job, I didn't interact with customers all that much and only saw my technicians in the morning before they went to jobs.  I spent most of the day in the office by myself.  I don't have that problem at this job at all.

This week I am receiving my 2nd full paycheck and I am glad to say that I am caught up on bills again.  Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment