Thursday, April 28, 2016

New Office on Monday



Monday I am moving permanently to our other office at work.  The second location is smaller and less busy, but is in an area that supports a wealthier demographic, so it is our swanky office.  I have only visited the office once for a meeting and the feel is very different than the crazy busy office where I have been working.  

I am both looking forward and dreading the move.  I am definitely not looking forward to the longer commute, but there will be less stress at the office that will be my new home.  I will have to determine if that is good or bad.  I like to be busy all day since it makes the day go so fast, so I don't know if I will like the slower pace office.  On the other hand, it will be nice to take the time to actually make sure everything is done 100% correct rather rushing through things because you have a line of people that need to be taken care of while the phones are ringing off the hook.  

I think that the slower office will really take my training to the next level.  The staff that is at my new location are knowledgeable so I will probably drive them crazy picking their brains for all the stuff that I haven't learned yet.   Because the office I was training in was short staffed, I definitely had a hands on training and often we were so busy that someone else would take over or I would just get a quick explanation on how something was supposed to be done.  At the new office, I think my training will definitely push me to the next level and I will hope to be an expert in another couple of months. 

In the busy office, I have met and like everybody, but with how busy we are, you don't really get to know anyone.  At the slower office, people tend to get to know each other better and I hear even the doctors are more relaxed at the slower office.  With my busy life, I like the idea of having friends at work, so I think I may enjoy the new office for this reason.  

The other good thing about my new position is that because it is a smaller office, there is less office politics.  Sometimes the finger pointing and the the competition at the bigger office gets in the way and creates a not so great atmosphere.  I am looking forward to be out of that environment.  

Of course, moving to the other office permanently does not mean I will never work at the busy office again.  All the front desk staff and techs for that matter, work rotating shifts at both offices.  So, I expect to work at the busy office at least once every other week if not more.  Also my rotating Saturday shift will also be at the busier office.  The good news about this too is that I have already met quite a few people from the smaller office because I have worked with them either on a Saturday or on a rotating weekday.  

The good news is that I found out I will be moving permanently to the smaller office before my lease is up this year, so now I can consider moving closer to my new workplace.  The options for that could be interesting.  Let's see what unfolds....

No comments:

Post a Comment